Burn Permits logo

Brock Township Fire Department Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Brock Township Fire Department Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Landlord Information

Login Details

Select Address:

No Active Addresses!

Add an address to get started.

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photos for Permit (Optional)

Please upload photos, if available, of the burning site and what you intend to burn.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of


Click reset to add your own signature if needed.

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Toll-free: 1-855-955-1101

Agricultural, Open-Air and Recreational Burning is permitted providing you have an approved 2021 Burn Permit. Please remember to call before you initiate a burn event. 1-855-955-1101 RECREATIONAL BURN PERMITS ARE ONLY VALID MAY 1ST UNTIL OCTOBER 31ST

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only the owner of a property in the Township of Brock may obtain a burn permit. Tenants must have written approval from the owner (Landlord).

How can I obtain a burn permit?

Register online using this website, or call us @ 705-432-2355.

What can I burn?

You are only permitted the burning of wood and wood by-products.

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air fire, recreational fire or a agricultural fire, then yes, you need an approved permit. If you are having a barbecue a permit is not required.

Can I burn in a barrel?

Burning in a barrel is considered an Open-Air fire and is only permitted for residential property located in the Shoreline Residential (SR) Zone, an Open-Air Burn permit is required.

Do I need my landlords permission to obtain a burn permit?

Yes, if you rent the property where you want to burn your landlord must approve your burn permit before the permit can be activated.

Do I need a permit to burn in a chiminea, clay pot or a ceramic pot?

Yes, a chiminea, clay pot and a ceramic pot are classified as Open-Air burning and treated as such under Article of the Ontario Fire Code.

Do I need to call the before I start burning?

Yes, you must call 1-855-955-1101 to initiate a burn event, prior to starting the burn.

Can I have a recreational fire (campfire) anytime?

No. A recreational fire (campfire) is only valid from May 1st until October 31st, provided you have a valid recreational burn permit.