Burn Permits logo

Brock Township Fire Department Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Department Logo or Badge

Don't forget to call!

Toll-free: 1-855-955-1101

Agricultural, Open-Air and Recreational Burning is permitted providing you have an approved 2022 Burn Permit. Please remember to call before you initiate a burn event. 1-855-955-1101

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only the owner of a property in the Township of Brock may obtain a burn permit. Tenants must have written approval from the owner (Landlord).

How can I obtain a burn permit?

Register online using the Township of Brock website, or call us @ 705-432-2355.

What can I burn?

You are only permitted the burning of wood and wood by-products.

Do I need a permit?

If you want to have an open-air fire, recreational fire or a agricultural fire, then yes, you need an approved permit. If you are having a barbecue a permit is not required.

Can I burn in a barrel?

No, as per the Ontario Fire Code burning in a barrel is considered an open air burn and is prohibited.

Do I need my landlords permission to obtain a burn permit?

Yes, if you rent the property where you want to burn your landlord must approve your burn permit before the permit can be activated.

Do I need a permit to burn in a chiminea, clay pot or a ceramic pot?

Yes, a chiminea, clay pot and a ceramic pot are classified as Open-Air burning and treated as such under Article of the Ontario Fire Code.

Do I need to call the before I start burning?

Yes, you must call 1-855-955-1101 to initiate a burn event, prior to starting the burn.

Can I have a recreational fire (campfire) anytime?

Yes. Please obtain a burn permit and know the rules and regulations before you have a recreational fire, as there is several restrictions to having a recreational fire.